Call for AbstractsClick here to submit your abstract
ICBIC and IC invites abstract contributed submissions for oral and poster presentations. The topics below have been suggested to span the breadth and depth within the discipline. These topics have been kept deliberately broad such that, with only a few exceptions, submissions from any of the key disciplines represented by our community would be equally appropriate.
- ICBIC - Analytical methods - spectroscopic and molecular probes
- ICBIC - Energy, environment and sustainability
- ICBIC - Homeostasis and regulation (incl. redox)
- ICBIC - Metallomics and bioinformatics (systems approaches)
- ICBIC - Metalloproteins and metallonucleotides - structures, models, and chemical biology
- ICBIC - Metals in disease and host response
- IC - Main Group, Inorganic and Organometallic Chemistry
- IC - Materials and Structural Chemistry
- IC - Supramolecular Chemistry
All abstracts must follow the instructions listed below and be submitted online by Midnight AEDT Monday 3 April 2023. Please note that the closing date for abstract submission will not be extended and abstracts will only be accepted if the presenting author has registered and paid by the presenter registration deadline by Monday 21 April 2023.
All enquiries regarding abstracts for the ICBIC Conference should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Key Dates and Deadlines|
|Abstracts Open||25 November 2022|
|Abstract submission closes||3 April 2023|
|Authors notified of results||18 April 2023|
|Presenter deadline to register||21 April 2023|
Abstract Submission Details
- All abstracts must be submitted in English via the conference Abstract submissions page only.
- Abstracts must not exceed 1 page (excluding the title, authors and affiliations) using the template available in the abstract submisssion portal and following the instructions provided.
- Abstracts can contain tables and figures. References in the text have to be cited at the end of the abstract and are included in the 300-word count.
- Symbols are permitted.
- The use of abbreviations and acronyms should be kept to a minimum.
- Multiple abstract submissions from the same individual are permitted.
- Commercial presentations are not permitted.
- Abstracts must be submitted by midnight AEDT Monday, 3 April 2023, for consideration by the Committee. Authors will be notified of provisional acceptance of abstracts by Tuesday, 18 April 2023, including the presentation type for which their abstract has been accepted.
- There is no fee for submitting an abstract.
- For an abstract to be formally accepted and included in the program, the presenting author must be registered and paid the registration fee to attend the Conference by Monday, 21 April 2023.
- All presentations given at the conference must be in English.
Abstracts may be submitted for one of the following presentation types:
- Oral: A spoken presentation, including introduction and question and answer. Presenters display the research and/or findings of their accepted abstract in a PowerPoint (or equivalent) presentation.
- Poster: The Conference will dedicate an allotted time for poster presentations with the opportunity for audience participation and enquiry.
Abstracts will be evaluated based on the information included in the abstract.
Accepted abstracts will be selected by the Committee for an oral presentation or for presentation during a poster session. Authors will be invited to indicate a preference for oral or poster presentation however the final decision on presentation format will be made by the program committee.
Terms and Conditions
The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in ICBIC Conference.
- All authors must approve of submitting this work for presentation.
- At least one author needs to be available to present if selected.
- To be accepted abstract authors must be registered for the Conference by Monday, 21 April 2023.
|Call for Abstracts closes||3 April 2023|
|Notifications to authors||18 April 2023|
|Presenter registration deadline||21 April 2023|
|Standard registration rate||22 April 2023|
|ICBIC20||16 – 21 July 2023|
|Opening Ceremony||3:30pm, 16 July 2023|
|Closing Ceremony||Before lunch, 21 July 2023|